- A loose-lying system which effectively compensates movement and deformation
- The system can be mounted on a wet foundation
- The use of membranes with a signal layer for rapid detection of any damaged areas
- The process of installation is fireproof as it is performed without the use of an open flame
- Repairability throughout the term of service
- Isolation of possible leaks
- The product can be mounted at low temperatures
An insulation system for foundations which are fully or partially embedded. The system prevents the negative effects of ground and soil water on the structure of the foundation and protects its operational space from water and subzero temperatures. The system can be used for projects which have the following parameters of interaction with the geological environment:
- Geological factors: specific soils are present to a limited extent; the dominating types of ground are clay and loamy soils.
- Hydrogeological factors: soil water is present due to the accumulation of snow melt and rain water. Groundwater is represented by one or more pronounced horizons, located at or above the level of the base slab. Groundwater has a heterogeneous chemical composition and contains pollutants.
The system is used for construction in an open pit. Mounting on vertical surfaces is performed on prefabricated reinforced concrete structures. The waterproofing material used is PVC membrane LOGICBASE V-SL (LOGICROOF T-SL) with a signal yellow layer.
A specific feature of the TN-FOUNDATION Prof waterproofing system is the zoning of the waterproofing area with waterstops and the presence of an injection system for repairs. The repairs system consists of injecting pipes and injecting branch fittings.
Zoning of waterproofing systems is necessary for localization of leaks which may occur. Due to the system of waterstops, water cannot move freely between the waterproofing and the structure but remains locked in the section limited with waterstops. It is much easier to locate and fix such a leak than if there were no partitioning system. For repairs, special repair polymers are supplied to the damaged area through the injecting system; the polymer mix fills up the section, polymerizes, and restores the integrity of the waterproofing.
Partitioning of waterproofing is usually effected with profiled NR-220 PVC waterstops. In some cases, the zoning of waterproofing on foundation walls and the cover slab is done with TechnoNICOL adhesive waterstop. This option is the best option for slab roofs and floors.
Waterproofing on horizontal surfaces is protected against mechanical damage with TechnoNICOL geotextile with 500 g/m2 density, TechnoNICOL 200 µm polythene film, and protective cement/sand screed. Vertical surfaces are covered with protective layers of TechnoNICOL geotextile with 500 g/m2 density and PLANTER standard or PLANTER geo profile-shaped sheet. The use of PLANTER geo material for protection makes it possible to create wall drainage, which enhances the reliability of the waterproofing system.
Area of application:
The TN-FOUNDATION Prof system is designed for waterproofing foundations of buildings and structures of mass construction with normal and stricter levels of criticality, in pits with backfilling in complex and average-complexity engineering/geological conditions.
Substitutes in PVC systems
- ECOBASE V is a substitute for the main waterproofing membrane.
- LOGICBASE V-PT (used for protection instead of geotextiles and plastic film on top of the waterproofing under the foundation plate and on the stylobate, and instead of geotextile on the walls, on the external side of the waterproofing layer). We recommend the use of this membrane.
Substitutes in TPO systems
- LOGICBASE P-PT is used for protection instead of geotextiles and plastic film on top of the waterproofing under the foundation plate and on the stylobate, and instead of geotextile on the walls, on the external side of the waterproofing layer. We recommend the use of this membrane.